Grace Roundup Week of 1/15/17
Grace Roundup Week of 1/15/17January 19, 2017 No Comments on Grace Roundup Week of 1/15/17
Greg Henry Message – Comfort For The Brokenhearted
Some of my notes from the message:
- The reason he has been talking about eternal life so much is it’s the only thing that can heal the human heart. The only thing that possesses the ability to satisfy the human heart.
- The church ppl are the most broken hearted because they have heard about eternal life but not seen it in their life.
- Luke 4:18-19
- Greg’s ministry is about revealing Christ to the world and those verses in Luke are the ones he would quote for the word coming out of his church . To heal the broken hearted, preach the gospel to the poor, etc.
- 13:12 – Hope deferred makes the heart sick… // hope not realized will make the heart the sick, should your hope be realized it’s like a tree of life inside of a person. It will give birth to peace, love, joy and all the fruit of God’s life. It will animate the whole spirit, soul of body of someone.
- At the core of a broken heart is the result of feeling separated from life in some way.
- Greg thought the gold medal could bring him life. When that didn’t happen it was unto him being broken hearted. The thing he had a desire unto was never realized, thus his heart was made sick.
- Hebrews 11:1 – faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen // faith is what we have hoped for. Faith is not talking about your belief, it’s talking about the truth that has been made flesh in Jesus. Hebrews 12 starts talking about looking unto Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith. The faith he was talking about is a noun, the person we behold in Jesus. Describes it in ch. 11. Could be better said this way – Jesus is the substance of things hoped, the evidence of things not seen with the physical eyes.
- Reminded us of when the Lord told him I am your retirement fund. He was saying I am your life.
- The devil knew we were created for life, not to see death. So when we say he’s “doing” things it’s really all through the one thing he did. He found a way to infect this world with sin and death through Adam.
- ** If you think you lack life, it births sin and death out of you.
- ** We all get busy trying to clothe ourselves. We still feel naked though, just like Adam did in the garden. The leaves we may be able to get are fleeting, here one day and gone the next. It leads to fear.
- Death talked about in a sense of any type of corruption, any time we see any lack in what is needed to have life, all those things are connected to death.
- ** What death does to us? Darkens our understanding. Causes us to feel orphaned, abandoned, as if we are separated from God and love.
- Jesus felt wrapped in the love of God even while on the cross. It disesteemed whatever death he was feeling.
- God cheered, clapped and handed out cigars when you were born. He didn’t look at you and say they don’t look like me and think that baby must not be mine.
Bertie Brits Message
The power of God that works in Us
God Is Jealous Over You
“God is jealous over your life. He doesn’t want the fruit that comes forth in your life to be born from your works or a system that tells you that you must be fruitful.
His desire is that He will be the one who gives birth to His fruit in you apart from you trying to be fruitful in yourself.” ~ Greg Henry
A few grace quotes from this week:
- “Our life in faith is not about trying to get more of our faith activated. It’s about sitting at the feet of Jesus and beholding the Word of Faith in Him.” ~ Greg Henry
- “To consider yourself a living sacrifice is not about performing some ministry in the church. To be a living sacrifice is to say the life I will have in this world will not come by my works but it will come by God and His doing alone.” ~ Greg Henry
- “There is no shortage of signs, wonders, & miracles in the church. There is a shortage in our understanding of what these things are. Everyday I see many signs, wonders, & miracles for I see the broken hearted healed. I see the hearts of those who were blinded to the truth recover their sight. I see those who were in captivity to fear set free. Everyday I see people’s lives set free from adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness, revellings. Everyday I see people’s lives being shaped by love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. Woe is us if we are more excited to see a person walk on water than we are to see the love of God born in a person’s heart.” ~ Greg Henry
- “I am for all manner of healing. But, it seems the church has become consumed with physical healing as if that is the only kind of healing miracle there is.
- The greatest healing miracle that can take place is for the heart of a person to be healed from sin and death. We need a revolution in our understanding of healing.” ~ Greg Henry
- “The root of all bondage is the fear of death. The fear of lacking in something that is needed as it pertains to having life and godliness.” ~ Greg Henry
- “It’s not other people’s opinions of us that we need to be free from. It’s the opinions we have of ourselves that we need to be free from. The opinions of other people can only hurt us if they feed into insecurities that are already present in us.” ~ Greg Henry
- ‘The unjust are not people that God judges to be unacceptable to Him. They are people that judge themselves to be unacceptable to God because they haven’t believed on the testimony God has given concerning them in Jesus.” ~ Greg Henry
- “Maturity is not found in complex understanding and the application of “spiritual principles”, but in the simplicity of knowing nothing but Jesus and Him crucified.”
Leave a comment